2012 Marina Improvement Plan Survey
The City of Oak Harbor is conducting this survey to obtain public input on improvements to the marina over the next five years. Your input will help the Marina Advisory Committee and the City to determine priorities and allocate resources. Please limit one survey per person. The survey will be available till March 31, 2012. Thank you for your input.
Please rank the following marina
Please assign "1" to the project you like to rank the highest and "6" to the lowest ranking project).
Replacement of Floats A-E
- This project is listed in the Marina Redevelopment Plan and will replace the aging floats. The plan also proposes moving all floats a little to the west. This project will also require replacing many of the pilings. Due to anticipated costs this may have to be done in phases.
- A portion of the marina was dredged in 2010-2011. However, a major portion of the marina still needs to be dredged. Due to anticipated costs this may have to be done in phases.
Multi-use public access float
- This project is listed in the Marina Redevelopment Plan and it intended to replace the current log boom to the south and includes removal of the sunken barges.
Repair/replace the boat ramp
- This project is intended to change the slope of the ramp and improve the launching of boats from trailers.
RV camping area with water and power
- This is a project to expand the marina services. Upland improvements have been identified in the Marina Redevelopment Plan as a key factor in the long term economic sustainability of the marina.
Dry boat storage
- This is a project that will also expand the marina services. The current boat storage along the fence allows for only boat storage with trailers and this project will allow the storage of boats on blocks and stands. The purchase of a travel lift or a suitable truck and trailer may be required. This is also an upland improvement to help in the long term economic sustainability of the marina.
Please rank the following marina
Please assign "1" to the project you like to rank the highest and "7" to the lowest ranking project).
Replace power pedestals
- This project will replace the old dilapidated power pedestals with new modern ones that are easier to use and could provide additional amenities in the future such as cable TV, high speed internet etc.
Replace PVC water lines with HDEP
- This project will replace aging pipes impacted by uv radiation and freezing.
Upgrade fuel dock, card readers and dispensers
- The upgrade will allow boaters to use the fuel dock similar to today's automobile gas stations
Remodel bathroom and laundry room
- This project will redesign the layout and add stalls, provide better configuration of showers for privacy, upgrade the heating system, replace the tiles and fixtures along with improvements to ventilation and lighting.
Parking lot overlay and lighting
- This project will repave the parking lot and add landscape medians and lighting.
Install Wifi and security/web cameras
- This will provide marina users and guests access to the internet and can also provide visual access for boat owners and staff to the boats, slips and docks. This will allow the marina staff to provide services (fuel dock and guest moorage) more efficiently and improve the security of the marina.
Bull rail for utilities along main walkway
- currently utilities along the main walkway are in the water and under the deck exposing them to the harsh salt water environment. This project will get them out of the salt water and under a bull rail.
Do you have other ideas or suggestions for projects that have not been identified in this survey?