City of Oak Harbor, Whidbey Island, Washington, Whidbey Island's Premier Waterfront Community

Jump to Content

865 SE Barrington Drive
Oak Harbor, WA 98277
Phone: 360-279-4500
Fax: 360-279-4507

Text Size:
set largest text size set large text size set normal text size



Q: When can I talk to the prosecutor about my case?

A: You may speak with the prosecutor about your case as long as you are not represented by an attorney.  The prosecutor is present at the arraignment and pretrial hearing, and might be able to speak to you briefly about your case at that time. You may also schedule an appointment to speak with the prosecutor in detail about your caseby calling (360)279-4543. If you are unable to come to a resolution with the prosecutor, you can then proceed to either a trial by jury or a bench trial at a subsequent hearing.

Q: Can the City Attorney advise me on civil matters?

A: No. The City Attorney is the attorney for the government of the City of Oak Harbor, not all its citizens. Private legal matters should be directed to civil practice attorneys. They are listed under specific practice areas under "attorneys" in the yellow page section of the phone book.

Q: Where is the Oak Harbor Municipal Court located?

A: 800 SE 8th Avenue, Oak Harbor, WA 98277.
Phone Number: (360) 675-5988 (clerk)       (360) 675-0777 (probation)
Fax Number: (360) 675-8231

Q: Does the City Attorney's office provide Notary Services to the public?

A: No. Many financial institutions and other businesses, however, provide Notary Services for a fee.  If you are military, check with base legal.

Q: As a defendant, am I entitled to a copy of the police report? As a victim?

A: Defendants can fill out a discovery request to obtain a copy of the police report. If they have obtained legal counsel prior to the pretrial, their attorney will receive discovery once the City Attorney's office has received their Notice of Appearance.

Victims may obtain a copy of the report by contacting the Oak Harbor Police Department Records Division at (360) 279-4608. You may need to fill out a Request for Records Service form.

Q: What should I do if there is a warrant for my arrest?

A: Call the Oak Harbor Municipal Court at (360) 675-5988.

Q: How can I find out when a case is scheduled for Court?

A: Call the Oak Harbor Municipal Court at (360) 675-5988.

Q: I received a subpoena. Do I have to come to court?

A: Yes. Failure to appear in court in response to a subpoena may result in a warrant for your arrest. The court may send a law enforcement officer to arrest you if you do not appear.  If you have questions regarding a subpoena you have received, please feel free to contact the Oak Harbor City Attorney's Office at (360)279-4543.

Copyright 2019 - City of Oak Harbor - All Rights Reserved. Site Design by HOW IT WORKS